Monday, November 13, 2017

Amusing Letters to an Anectdote (Of Which Became the Anti-model for the Bohemian Man)

Allo-allo my old friend,

I certainly was shocked to hear from you, and somehow, simultaneously, not shocked at all.  I think of you from time to time, just last Sunday, in fact, for no reason other than I wore a dress I had wore on one of our dates so many years ago.  How funny. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your divorce.  I always hoped you'd find the happiness and romance you sought.  But let me be the first to welcome you to the twice-divorced club!  Sorry I'm not much of a welcoming committee!  :)  Hell, I'm practically in the thrice-divorced club, myself.  I started seeing someone rather seriously about 5 months ago, to no avail, really.  I can't seem to find anyone that lives up to their presentation of themselves.  I seem to only find men that are sort of mean, and soured from life.  Just completely dispirited, or something.

But, I'm actually in a decent headspace, myself.  Despite all the BS, I keep plugging away.  I still can find some laughs here and there, still writing, and still loving El Duderino. :)

Although, at this juncture, I can only offer friendship, if you ever want to commiserate over some whiskey and trade war stories, I think I'd be up for that.

Enigmatically yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment