Monday, April 4, 2016

Who is he? Who the fuck are the Knudsens? Who is anyone?

     The only thing I understand about people is that I understand nothing about people.  I don't fucking get them, they don't fucking get me.  It's this thing we have.  I've said it a thousand times: I feel like an alien among humans or the only human among a race of aliens.  I just don't fucking fit in.  And I've learned to accept that, (mostly), but sometimes, in these rare instances, I think I find a kindred spirit.  What you people call a "friend."  But even that is an illusion.  I don't have many true friends, maybe because I have such stringent standards as to what that means.  I have mostly acquaintances, because I'm not sure if they truly understand me, which I feel is intrinsic and invaluable to be termed a friend.  I think I can count on one hand how many actual friends I have, and even that is being generous.  It seems the rate of attrition for my friendships is laughably high.  I gave up a long time ago on having what other people think of as friends.  I guess I am unable to understand what friendship means, so friendships remain elusive and untenable to me.  The only "friends" I've ever even thought I had turned out to be guys just wanting to fuck me, or even worse, guys secretly in love with me, save for maybe, two people.  That's an abysmal percentage.   It's me, obviously, seeing as I am the only common denominator.  It's fine.  I'm unbearable unless I'm doing something for someone.  Performing some act or task.  Sex, cooking, cleaning.  That is my worth.  Why keep fighting it?

So here's a bunch of songs that represent that dark and abstruse mood.  Because I'm so fucking emo, man.

Blind Willie Johnson- Nobody's Fault But Mine

Tom Waits- Who Are You

Warren Zevon- Heartache Spoken Here
"I've had my share of disappointing love affairs.  I'm no stranger to disillusionment, little darlin'."

Lloyd Price- Just Because

John Prine- Sweet Revenge

Alice Cooper- Only Women Bleed

Allen Toussaint- Cruel Way To Go Down

Bob Dylan- One More Cup of Coffee

Captain Beefheart- Where There's Woman

Dire Straits- Skateaway

Warren Zevon- For My Next Trick I'll Need a Volunteer

ELO- Midnight Blue

Elton John- Slave (Alternate Version)

The Mothers of Invention- Go Cry on Somebody Else's Shoulder

Jonathon Richman- She Doesn't Laugh At My Jokes

The Cramps- I Can't Hardly Stand It

They Might Be Giants- Hypnotist of Ladies

Sublime- One Cup of Coffee/Judge Not

Tom Waits- You Can Never Hold Back Spring
"Even though you've lost your way.  The world is dreaming, dreaming of spring.  Close your eyes.  Open your heart, to the one who's dreaming of you."

Jeff Bridges- Maybe I Missed The Point


No comments:

Post a Comment