Friday, March 25, 2011

A Faraway Notion

I keep searching the faces in the crowd, but I can never quite come upon you. There is something to be said about effortlessness, simultaneously at ease and exhilarated, the perfect amount of tenderness and depravity. We made it seem so easy, so natural, but yet it only added to the dynamic tension, constantly building up, but never boiling over. I remember the air to be so thick and stifling, it enveloped us, suspending us on an ethereal plane, that we could never know. Is that all there is to hope for, one intense fiery passion that burns so hot and fast, melting everything in its path, leaving nothing but cinder and memory? All that exists now is a cruel tease, where I hang on your every word, like a foolish, mesmerized child. Knowing it so close that I could almost reach out and touch, but it continues to elude my grasp, making me desire it all the more. Though my emotion is crushing and lovely, do I really want to discover what is behind the curtain? Maybe the fantasy is more poignant than reality. My world remains humorless despite my best efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment